The net-line FW-5 is the extendible small-scale station of the high-performance series5 product family. The extremely compact bay station controller for top-hat rail mounting comprises all the components that a high-performance telecontrol and automation system needs for monitoring, control, logging and transmission. This makes it a viable solution for requirements in the area of telecontrol or station control and automation technology. The FW-5 is designed to assume the tasks of many different small applications with its own capacity.
Configuration and commissioning the net-line FW-5
In conjunction with the innovative configuration software setIT, the FW-5 sets the standards for intuitive project configuration as well as fast commissioning. A series of further features such as configuration via USB memory stick and SD card, and the option of PLC programming with the aid of the codeIT programming application demonstrates our focus on enhanced user-friendliness.
The numerous application areas of the FW-5
There are very many different possibilities for using the FW-5. The modular extendibility plus tremendous combination options with external components allow flexible use in numerous fields of application. The FW-5 can be extended with up to twelve extension boards to suit your individual requirements. That makes it a bespoke solution for almost any task. The powerful CPU plus high interference immunity make the FW-5 a compact and yet extremely powerful remote terminal unit. The micro remote terminal unit net-line FW-5 is typically be used in the following areas:
- Field device in transformer substations with protection device coupling
- Intelligent secondary unit substation including power quality monitoring systems, earth fault and short circuit indicators in the outgoing circuits
- Control box for direct marketing and control energy
- Feed-in management in renewable energy plants
- Intelligent measurement point for wide range regulation in distribution networks
- Monitoring of media and infrastructure systems in pipelines
Key applications as part of the Renewable Energies Act
Particular emphasis for the use of the FW-5 is placed on applications arising from the regulations of the German Renewable Energies Act (Erneuerbare-Energien-Gesetz, EEG). This includes in particular feed-in management for generating stations according to § 9 EEG 2017, the direct marketing of sustainably generated energy according to § 20 EEG 2017, and as a result congestion management for local network stations.
The FW-5 takes IT security seriously
Like all products of the series5e, the FW-5 stands for high IT security. It enables extensive IT security measures, as required in the current requirement profiles of the BDEW whitepaper and BSI recommendations. From the modern Linux kernel to extended firewall rules with granular activation through to user administration with free role assignment (RBAC): The FW-5 allows an outstandingly high level of IT security.
Ready-to-use complete solutions
If required, the FW-5 can also be purchased as a ready-to-use complete solution. In this case we will assemble individually designed, ready-to-work small systems depending on specifications and function requirements. In addition to the telecontrol unit, these systems generally also include all the other necessary components, for instance an uninterruptible power supply, communication modules, relays, transfer terminals and many more. The components are usually installed in Eaton or Rittal housings.
You can find more information on the technical specifications of the FW-5 in the data sheet of the model.
Capacity and Functions
The FW-5 provides the following protocols:
- 8 x information inputs
- 4 x command outputs
- 2 x 16 bit measured value inputs, bipolar, multi-range
- Ethernet LAN TCP/IP connection
- RS-485 field interface
- RS-232/V.24 interface
- Integrated wide range power supply unit, 24 to 60 V DC (-15%/+20%)
- Configuration via LAN, USB memory stick, SD card or Bluetooth (wireless) for FW-5-BT
- Removable screw terminals or (optionally) spring terminals
If required, the capacity may be expanded by interface and I/O modules.
- IEC 61850 l IED and protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-101 l telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 l protective equipment link
- IEC 60870-5-104 l TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server l serial/IP
- IEC 62056-21 (formerly IEC 1107) l meter connection
- SML smart meter connection via Ethernet
- DSfG l digital interface for natural gas-metering units
- Modbus RTU/TCP l master/slave
- Profibus-DP slave l fieldbus
- MPI/3964R/RK512 l fieldbus
- SNMPv3 l network management
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
- VPN tunnel (IPsec IKEv1/IKEv2, OpenVPN*)
- Syslog-ng Server
- LDAP and RADIUS server*
* available from series5e
Possible Communication Paths
In combination with external or SAE communication modules, a wide range of possible communication paths can be realised. These include:
- Dedicated lines
- Switched telephone lines
- FunkLAN (Radio LAN)
- TETRA radio
- DSL and SHDSL
- 3G/4G mobile radio via GPRS, EDGE, HSPA/UMTS and LTE
Product variants of the net-line FW-5
- FW-5 l 1 Ethernet/LAN interface, 1 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface, 8 digital wide-range inputs, 4 relay NO contacts, 2 measured values.
- FW-5-GATE l 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 2 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface.
- FW-5-GATE CL l 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 1 RS-485 field interface, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface, 1 CL/S0 meter pulse interface.
- FW-5-GATE-4G l Integrated LTE mobile radio modem, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 2 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface.
- FW-5-GATE-4G CL l Integrated LTE mobile radio modem, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 1 RS-485 field interface, 1 CL/S0 meter pulse interface, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface.
- FW-5-GATE-450 l Integrated CDMA-450 MHz module, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 2 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface.
- FW-5-GATE-450 CL l Integrated CDMA-450 MHz module, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 1 RS-485 field interface, 1 CL/S0 meter pulse interface, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface.